In our final episode of 2018 we answer *your* questions!
- Why Church?
- What do we mean by “church home”?
- Do you choose friends just like you? Or do opposites attract?
- Would you ever consider interviewing a conservative white woman on the show?
We also share some of our favorite Advent resources
- “Angels We Have Heard on High by our friend Rev. Elizabeth Henry on the Our Bible App
- “Poor, Young, and Pregnant: Christmas Meditations on Maternal Health,” written by Katey!
What We’re Reading and Listening To
Katey devoured See Me Naked: Stories of Sexual Exile in American Christianity by Amy Frykholm. Each chapter is a story of a person struggling to reconcile their faith and their sexuality, and in the midst of great pain, there is also hope and redemption.
Both Katey and Ashley binge-listened to The Dream podcast about multi-level marketing companies–and their close ties to various faith communities. It would be great for a long car ride.
Ashley’s favorite book this year was Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi. It begins in West Africa, and the book follows the progeny of two sisters, one who was sold into slavery and went to America and the other who stayed in Africa. It’s a challenging book, but incredibly powerful.
That’s it for 2019! We’ll be back in February with a brand new episode. In the meantime, keep in touch by sending us an email.